Designed by Björn Berger, a successful industrial designer born in Solingen, Germany – the world headquarters of WÜSTHOF since 1814 – EPICURE is a finely edited collection of precision-forged, full tang cutlery. EPICURE knives sport a new blade shape with dynamic, modern lines, and an inviting handle design using the same mid-tone, wood composite material found in today’s popular, high-end Epicurean® cutting boards. Ergonomically crafted for optimum comfort, the handles are purposefully sculpted to reduce fatigue, as well as look beautiful in the kitchen. In homage to the signature feature of many WÜSTHOF cutlery collections, the handle of each EPICURE knife is sturdily fastened with two stainless steel rivets. The EPICURE 9″ Carving Knife has a longer and narrower blade than a Cook’s Knife. This allows for the knife to cleanly cut through meats. The pointed tip is designed to help guide meat away from the bone. The hollow edge is crafted with evenly spaced vertical indentations, which create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce friction and drag. This knife allows cooks to effortlessly prep a wide array of fresh produce, including starchy vegetables like potatoes, which tend to stick to a knife’s blade.
- Blade features a translucent ceramic coating on the entire surface to increase hardness, enhance resistance to corrosion, and protect the blade’s surface from scratches
- Dynamic and modern new blade shape is precision forged; tempered to 58 Rockwell Hardness
- 14° PEtec blade edge on each side with laser guided precision; 20% sharper lasting twice as long
- Handle design uses the same wood composite material found in Epicurean cutting boards
- Ergonomically crafted for optimum comfort, handle design is sculpted to reduce fatigue and looks beautiful in the kitchen
- Blades made in Solingen, Germany, handles made in USA; lifetime warranty